5 reasons why it pays to get your tax returns in early
Find your business
With the deadline for your self-assessment returns many months away, it is easy to push that job to the back of your mind. But dealing with it now means you can get it out of the way.
With the support of a professional accountant the process can be quick, simple, painless and could even mean you end up with more money in your business.
Here are 5 reasons why you should file your self-assessment returns early:
• It gives you added peace of mind and more time to plan your financial future.
• You avoid those pesky fines and penalties which come from missing your deadline
• If your business has overpaid tax previously or you suspect you are due a personal rebate – why wait? You can free up the money you would have paid in tax as cash for your company.
• If you work or collect a pension along with having other financial interests, your self-assessment bill can be collected monthly through your tax code when filed early.
• Mistakes will happen but if they occur near the deadline they could prove costly. Delays equal penalties. Allowing plenty of time to amend any errors on self-assessment forms can prevent additional costs.
Need help with tax issues, self-assessment or filing your returns, contactDunkley’s Chartered Accountants on 01454 619900 to book an appointment.
Find your business
Considering taking the plunge and starting a business?
Has Coronavirus made you think about becoming a business owner? ABF Chairman, Adam Tavener...LEARN MORE
Countering currency volatility during the coronavirus
The acceleration of the coronavirus crisis in March led to some dramatic currency movement...LEARN MORE
Preserving our enterprise heritage. Now is the time to be bold.
One thing that is certain, in a currently very uncertain world, is that right now small bu...LEARN MORE